Thinking the Journey

Mountaineer, Friend, Partner, Youth Worker, Spiritual Adventurer of No Fixed Abode.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Joke

How best to return to blogging after a couple of weeks break than with a silly joke a friend on an email list sent me.

A little flippant and irreverent perhaps, but I'm allowed to poke fun at my own brand of Christianity I'm sure....

A Hindu priest, a rabbi and an evangelical Christian were travelling together when they were overcome with fatigue.

They stopped at a farmhouse and asked for lodging, but the farmer said he only had room for two. One of them would have to spend the night in the barn.

"I'll go," said the Hindu priest, and off he went.

A few minutes later, there was a knock at the back door. There stood the Hindu priest, exclaiming, "There's a cow in there, and cows are sacred in my religion. It would be impossible for me to sleep in the same room as a cow."

The farmer then asked which of the other two would volunteer to sleep in the barn.

"I'll go," said the rabbi, and off he went.

A few minutes later there was a knock at the back door. It was the rabbi. "There's a pig in that barn. It wouldn't be kosher for me to sleep there. I cannot do it!"

"Oh, all right," said the evangelical. "I'll go," and off he went.A few moments later there was a knock on the door. It was the pig and the cow.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home