Thinking the Journey

Mountaineer, Friend, Partner, Youth Worker, Spiritual Adventurer of No Fixed Abode.

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Vocation?

http://jfreeman.blogspot.com/2005/06/please-read.html#comments has a link to a beautifuly written piece http://waiterrant.blogspot.com/2005/06/nunc-dimittis-three-priests-walk-into.html

It ressonates with me stuff about vocation, calling, aloneness, discovering our shadow side through our work. Just now I'm very challenged about where to go with it when we discover our shadow side in our work. Although this post somehow highlighted my aloneness, and the aloneness that can be felt in ministry and highligted by ministry, it also paradoxically made me feel less alone.

And I've chosen to be real on this post about how it's made me feel, coz that's the way I work. As much as is possible, and within the context of good boundaries that I'm still working out, I don't want to hide my woundedness from those I minister to.

A quote from Nouwen:

“No minister can keep
his own experience of life hidden from those he wants to help. Nor should he
want to keep it hidden”
.


Nouwen H (1979) The Wounded Healer
London: Darton, Longman and Todd Ltd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home