Thinking the Journey

Mountaineer, Friend, Partner, Youth Worker, Spiritual Adventurer of No Fixed Abode.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

How human are we?

So to someone who's rejecting fundamentalist faith, turning away from the dogma, sifting the relevance of Christianity what does Christmas mean?

Jesus became human, so we can become human. So why is Christmas so often such a dehumanising experience filled with want, greed, arguments, stress, unhealthy lifestyles? Does going to church and being bored to tears or simply becoming to angry and frustrated for words really enhance our humanity or spirituality? Is this really how to celebrate Jesus birth? I celebrated this year by being with my family and those close to me, and being in the hills. I celebrated all I knew of Jesus in nature and in my family, and I long to know Jesus more in me.

As we move on from celebrating Jesus becoming human, I hope that I am able to follow him more closely into more of my humanity.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 9:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Nikki

    It's Tina for GB survivors. Just popped in to say hello. I do hope that's ok. I hope you're week has been ok so far. Take care

     
  • At 10:46 pm, Blogger Nikki said…

    Good to see you Tina, glad you dropped in. Take care of you too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home