Thinking the Journey

Mountaineer, Friend, Partner, Youth Worker, Spiritual Adventurer of No Fixed Abode.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Methodist Church

Having become more and more dissillusioned with organised churches, either of the traditional or the 'emergent' variety, I was somewhat suprised to find myself thinking positively about one!

The Methodist Church's website offers hope for the way this particular branch of organsised Christianity is developing. I like their aims to:
  • to increase awareness of God's presence and to celebrate God's love
  • to help people to grow and learn as Christians through mutual support and care
  • to be a good neighbour to people in need and to challenge injustice
  • to make more followers of Jesus Christ

Sadly I don't see much of this at congregational level amoungst the churches I work with yet but let's give it time. For now I like the Methodist Church's down to earthness and sense of mission in the community. I stumbled into working for them, but I'm beginning to think that it was a good move for me theologically aswell.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home