Thinking the Journey

Mountaineer, Friend, Partner, Youth Worker, Spiritual Adventurer of No Fixed Abode.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Brokeback Mountain

Image hosting by Photobucket


Loving this movie! And no it's not just coz I'm gay! It's a fab love story dealing with loads of relationship and life issues that aren't unique to gay men. It deals with pressure to be someone you're not, lonliness, homophobia, the way fear of who you are or who you could be will stop you having all you could have.

I went for a night of nice entertainment on valentines day with my girlf. I came away spiritually uplifted, tearful and challenged. Challenged never again to let a relationship, or any other good thing, slip through my fingers because I am too afraid of the consequences of holding onto it. I will not let fear of facing who I am prevent me from enjoying all I could have and all I could be.

And.... I know there's at least one woman out there who'll read this and be glad to see it in print. *wink*

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home