Thinking the Journey

Mountaineer, Friend, Partner, Youth Worker, Spiritual Adventurer of No Fixed Abode.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The Holy Spirit in the Emerging Church

Jason has organised a conference on the Holy Spirit in the Emerging Church http://emergent.typepad.com/jasonclark/2005/11/the_holy_spirit.html which I'm going to on Saturday.

I'm trying to prepare by asking some questions. The big one for me at the moment is
  • "What is it about the Charismatic that I have moved on from and why?"

I wonder if it's something to do with not wanting problems 'fixed' in a big experiential way anymore but rather to be empowered to work through them. Also possibly something to do with 'this is the only way, believe it' culture.

I'll blog more when I've thought more, and definately after Sat. In the meanwhile- does anyone else have any contributions or thoughts? Has anyone else had the experience of having been a 'charismatic' Christian and having moved on or grown out of it, and what has this been like for you?

Also- watching a similar conversation grow at http://thecomplexchrist.typepad.com/the_complex_christ/ again, hat tip to Jason for the Link.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home