Thinking the Journey

Mountaineer, Friend, Partner, Youth Worker, Spiritual Adventurer of No Fixed Abode.

Saturday, May 28, 2005

You

You

I have always known you,
Forever,
In my world so Black and White,
Controlled by science and the quest for knowledge.
Yet did that quest for knowledge,
That scientific dream,
Control you?
They boxed you in,
or did they box you out?

I hear a whisper on the street,
Discomforting,
That somewhere is a shade of grey,
The knowledge becomes elusive,
Science chases after wind,
And You... slip from sight of knowledge and science.
The box is empty,
The empty box is crumbling.

And so I push down the doubt,
Fruitlessly.
The questions rise within me,
Insatiable as my vain intellect seeks to grasp you.
Where have you gone?
Have you changed?
Or simply left me alone?
Were you ever there?

Exhausted from my minds turmoil,
Despondent,
Unable to hold left or right,
I weep night and day for I have lost you.
Did I really ever have you?
Were you simply an imagining?
The comfort blanket
Of a lonely child?

Dawn approaches slowly,
Coldly.
I sit and wait for nothing,
Yet my heart cries out to you.
I need you!
Your youness,
To complete my frail humanity.
I am empty without you,
Knowing nothing else to know.

I continue waiting,
Foolishly.
But what is now arising?
Is it the sun?
Or is it you?
Now in glorious technicolour,
Your bigness burns away the box,
Leaving me vulnerable to you.
I lift my gaze up to your feet.

I open my eyes to You,
Painfully,
Expecting answers to the questions.
You hold me in your gaze,
I try to assess you,
Analyze you,
Yet the more I look the less I see.
Exhausted I fall down,
And close my eyes to know and be.
Copyright Nikki King 2004

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home