Thinking the Journey

Mountaineer, Friend, Partner, Youth Worker, Spiritual Adventurer of No Fixed Abode.

Sunday, May 08, 2005

The Wounded Healer

I've been doing some reading around this for a piece of work for Uni. I love that it is in our brokenness and woundedness that we are able to reach out to others. It enables us not to be the oppressive rescuer, but the empowering accompanyer.

The other gods were strong but
thou was weak;
They rode, but thou didst stagger
to a throne.
But to our wounds only God's
wounds can speak,
And not a God has wounds but
Thou alone.


Quoted by Alistair Campbell in 'Rediscovering Pastoral Care'.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 2:32 pm, Blogger Flying Soulo said…

    Wounded Healer and in my case, the Wounded Idealist. Read your profile about "growing". I dentify. Also many thousands of others identify. God bless you on this journey from growing out to what I believe is true in my case and many others...that we are finally "growing up'!.

    Check out www.nextreformation.com

    Cheers!

     
  • At 2:34 pm, Blogger Caroline said…

    welcome to the virtual funny farm! enjoy!

     
  • At 2:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, I love your wording on The Wounded Healer and explanation of it. The poem is good too! I liked that.
    Never 'eard of a blog thing before!! It's kinda cool.

     
  • At 1:26 pm, Blogger Nikki said…

    Ah well... you can get the full refernce from the book of that essay. lol.

    Thanks for your comments.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home