Thinking the Journey

Mountaineer, Friend, Partner, Youth Worker, Spiritual Adventurer of No Fixed Abode.

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Why do I want a blog?

Ok, I've finally taken that step of pressing the 'get me a blog' button on a mate's blog site. Charity commission coming your way I'm sure(!), Caroline thanks for the encouragement. I've been thinking about it for some time. Here's why:

I don't want this blog to be all about me. I want it to be a space of interacting with people and developing an integrated theology and faith based on an enjoyment of being human and being individual.

I am a follower of Jesus- and hopefuly a thoughtful one, trying to make sense of my faith in the twentyfirst centurary. If anyone's playing blog bingo please note I haven't said post-modern, paradigm, post christian, post evangelical, emergent church, or mentioned any books by Brian McClaren-although all of those concepts, thoughts and words and people have done a lot of forming of my faith.

I am a youth and community worker, again trying to attain that status of 'reflective practitioner'.

My life experience, some good and some bad has a huge effect on who I am and what I do.


Not that I'll be taking things too seriously, my flippant sense of humour, sceptical sarcasm, and satirical comments will be definately coming out to play as well.

To have a thought through and integrated faith I think it is essential that everything is explored in the light of one another, which is why my chosed degree course is Youth and Community Work with Applied Theology. I'm also an extrovert and learn best through conversation.

I'd like to invite anyone to come and join in the conversation at any point, say what you're thinking, challenge me, challenge each other, be gentle with everyone and help our theology and ideas of what it's all about tie up together.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:33 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Nikki!

    Great idea! will be interested to see what your thoughts are...

    Katie xx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home