Thinking the Journey

Mountaineer, Friend, Partner, Youth Worker, Spiritual Adventurer of No Fixed Abode.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Something in the Air


Image hosting by Photobucket


What is it about the smell of the sea?
What is it about the cry of the gulls?
What is it about walking with someone you love?
What is it about the first warm day in spring?
What is it about the sound of the waves?

What is it about the rugged coastline?

On Saturday we visited Mevagissey. Something in the air awoke me spiritually. It pushed me to an aching and a longing for more. A longing to be by the sea, but more than to be by the sea, a longing to remember who I am, where I have come from, what I love. I longing to touch and know that which is greater than me, A longing for God, for spiritual connection.

If spiritual connection and awakening is as simple as spending a day on the coast, how can we suggest that as Christians we have the monopoly on spiritual experience?

1 Comments:

  • At 10:47 pm, Blogger charity said…

    I really hope that christians DONT ave the monopoly on spiritual expreience ... otherwise te experience is going to be limited by law.
    BTW looking forward to seeing you next week.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home