Thinking the Journey

Mountaineer, Friend, Partner, Youth Worker, Spiritual Adventurer of No Fixed Abode.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Sporadic Blogging, So Many Questions

Has anyone else noticed a patten to the blog breaks? Yup- when assignments are coming up I tend to focus them and not much else! I don't think I did the last one much justice but hey! Although... I had a nightmare last night that I only got a 40 for it.... oh no that sounded like Hermione Granger!

But I'm tired!

I'm tired of only skim reading books so that I can take to peices and draw from ideas before I fully digest them. I'm tired of my writing and thinking having to constantly jump through hoops.

I need some time and space for myself. To read for myself, to browse the shelves of a library and let the books that are asking similar questions to the ones I'm asking jump out at me, rather than having to skip through them and reject those who don't have anything relevant to the latest assignment.

I need to know why I am a Christian. Why is Easter such a big deal when I've rejected the ideas of penal substitution and of an angry God? What is unique about Jesus who I love and follow? Why did Jesus have to die? Why Why Why.

Sometimes I think I'm finding the answers to these questions... and sometimes I feel totally cut lose in terms of my thinking and of where I fit in theologically and spiritually.

My prayer this Easter, is for my faith and believe to find a newness of life. I pray that for all those who are in a similar place and asking similar questions.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know what you mean about being tired of trawling through books for the odd sentence to write about. I'm looking forward to having the time to tackle the issues I want to deeply without having to jump through hoops. Hope your concentration keeps going!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home